NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING - November 18th @ 7pm on zoom
The mission of the Golf Course Terrace Estates Neighborhood Association is to enhance the livability and quality of the area by establishing and maintaining an open line of communication between the neighborhood, government agencies and other neighborhoods.
Founded in 1991, the Association actively participates in crafting a better future for the Golf Course Terrace Estates neighborhood and for Sacramento. It is directly involved to enhance the livability and quality of the area by establishing and maintaining an open line of communication and liaison between the neighborhood, government agencies and other neighborhoods.
It provides an open process by which all members of the neighborhood may involve themselves in the affairs of the neighborhood.
It is to be organized exclusively for education, scientific and charitable purposes. Notwithstanding, any statement of purposes or powers aforesaid, this association shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of its’ specific and primary purpose.
1. Develop strategies and programs to promote membership in GCTENA, and conduct the annual membership drive and keep a roll of members.
2. Publish the GCTENA Newsletter and other publications needed to assist GCTENA.
3. Seek and coordinate volunteers to assist the work for GCTENA.
4. Plan, organize, promote and produce the community events sponsored by GCTENA.
5. Keep a membership register.
6. Establish a Nominations Subcommittee to perform the duties specified in Section 7.4 of these bylaws.
1. Assess GCTENA's funding needs and develop strategies for raising funds.
2. Research the availability of outside funding sources to help meet GCTENA's financial needs; actively solicit donations, bequests and grants on behalf of GCTENA; and develop all proposals necessary to secure financial donations/funding from outside sources.
3. Coordinate with the Community Services Committee developing fundraising projects or events for the benefit of GCTENA.
4. Negotiate the terms and conditions of GCTENA's receipt of donations, bequests, and grants on behalf of GCTENA.
5. Spend GCTENA funds for activities or projects under its control, as set forth in GCTENA's budget by Executive Committee.
1. Develop strategies and sponsor programs to respond to issues of concern to the neighborhood, such as traffic safety, home security, zoning, and improvements.
2. Monitor land use decisions made by the City of Sacramento and its Planning Commission.
1. Help enforce city codes that promote safe, healthy and attractive neighborhoods: cars, trucks, auto dismantling, garage/yard sales, campers, RVs, boats, trailers, garbage, trash, appliance, and car parts; illegal dumping, weeds, and fences.
2. Report gang and drug houses, obtain necessary information, and pursue through proper channels to correct the problem.
3. Coordinate the implementation of Neighborhood Watch program on as many streets in the neighborhood as possible.
The GCTENA Board consists of neighbors that live in Golf Course Terrace Estates.
We currently have openings for neighbors who want to make a positive impact in our community!
Chair | Bruce Brummett
Vice Chair | TBA
Treasurer | Gloria Lapp
Secretary | Sarah Mazerik
Member at Large | TBA
Your contribution will enable us to meet our goals to promote a safe and welcoming community.
We'll keep you updated on the latest news and information!